Here Is Why You Shouldn’t Drink Water Which Has Been In A Plastic Bottle For A Long Time

Researchers say that plastic water bottles contain some harmful chemicals which may enter your body via water and put your health at considerable risk. The chances of getting sick become higher with repetitive usage of plastic bottles. Here are some valid reasons for not reusing your plastic water bottles.

It’s a bacteria heaven

When it’s hot and damp bacteria multiplies rapidly and that’s why we should pay extra attention to our plastic bottle, it’s an ideal bacteria environment.

The most dangerous part is the bottle opening because that’s where it comes into contact with our mouth and the ridges and indentations on the opening harbor plenty of bacteria. So they come into direct contact with our mouth.

Polyethylene terephthalate

We usually wash these bottles in-between uses to eliminate bacteria and sometimes we use really hot water just to be safe. That’s when we make an even bigger mistake. These disposable plastic bottles are made of a substance called Polyethylene terephthalate which can degrade and leach phthalates into your clean drinking water. The phthalates can cause some serious health problems. The plastic bottles aren’t designed to withstand high temperatures and it causes the harmful chemicals to be released in our water.

If you refill your bottle once or twice it surely won’t kill you but still try to not do it often. It’ll be better or you if you choose a reusable bottle made from eco-friendly non-toxic materials. Better safe than sorry right.